The following Guidelines were adopted by the Board of Directors by resolution dated May 31, 2016:
There is hereby established a scholarship fund, to which donors may contribute and to which contributions and excess funds shall be applied as may become available from time to time.
The scholarship shall be administered by the Registrar for the Yoga Training, who shall serve the function of scholarship selection committee. These are the guidelines that shall be followed by Registrar in determining who receives the assistance to attend the training:
- AngelHeal Yoga Healing Ministry ("AH") scholarships are awarded as available funds permit, on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis.
- Applicants are awarded on the basis of need from among candidates accepted into the training.
- Applicants shall certify to the truth of the financial need statements in the application, upon which AH may rely. Applicants must certify that there is no other source of funds available to pay for course fees. Applicant must state household gross income and number of persons in household. Applications will be evaluated on relative need but a candidate's income must be not more than 150% of current HHS poverty guidelines.
- AH shall award scholarships in its sole discretion, as chosen by Registrar in accordance with this policy. All decisions are final. Awards may not be sold, transferred or assigned and are not convertible to cash. Awards must be used for the scheduled training for which they are granted. No deferrals are available. If a recipient fails to follow or meet AH Enrollment Agreement policies, the scholarship will be forfeit. If a recipient enrolls for a training for which he/she receives a Scholarship and fails to appear for that training, the scholarship will be forfeit and he/she will be ineligible to receive future Scholarships.
- Applicants shall certify in the application, that he/she has no conflicts of interest to AH to the best of his/her information and belief, and AH may, in its sole discretion, refuse to accept any application, or cancel a Scholarship award, where an actual or perceived conflict of interest exists.
Conflicts of interest include:
a) Scholarship Candidate is a close familial relative (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, nephew, niece or first cousin) of an officer, agent, contractor or employee of AH, or any person on the scholarship selection committee;
b) Scholarship Candidate is a current or former employee, contractor, or director of AH;
c) Scholarship Candidate has engaged in any conduct that may reflect negatively upon AH; or
d) Scholarship Candidate, or one of his/her family members, is or was a substantial contributor to AH; or
e) Scholarship Candidate, or one of his/her family members, paid any consideration or value to any person in connection with the scholarship.